The Charles P. Lake-Rain for Rent Scholarship
The Charles P. Lake-Rain for Rent Scholarship was established in the memory of the company’s founder a pioneer of the irrigation equipment rental industry.
Up to 20 scholarships in the amount of $1,500 each may be awarded annually to qualified college students to help them pursue a career in agriculture, irrigation technology, pumps or fluid dynamics. To support our employees’ children, we will also award five scholarships to qualified college students.
Applications are accepted annually February 1 through April 30.
Applicants will be accepted within the following criteria:
- Must have completed their freshman year at an approved college/university and be currently enrolled for the next school year.
- Must have a 3.0 or higher overall grade point average.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Emphasis of education must be primarily Agricultural or Engineering in nature, with a major in an accredited School of Agriculture, Engineering or Construction Management Program. Business majors are accepted from California State University, Bakersfield.
Scholarship Application process
The scholarship program is administered through participating universities, farm bureaus and designated organizations. Applications must be submitted directly to email@example.com or by mail to: Scholarship Coordinator, PO Box 2248, Bakersfield, CA 93303-2248. Official transcripts must be provided with each application.
The Rain for Rent Scholarship Committee will review and select the finalists. Some preference may be made to those students who are specializing in irrigation technology, pumps, trenchless technology and fluid dynamics. In the event that the applicants are equal in their academic achievements and in their extracurricular activities, the scholarship will be awarded on the basis of need.
- Arizona Farm Bureau Federation
- Fresno County Farm Bureau
- Imperial County Farm Bureau
- Kern County Farm Bureau
- Monterey County Farm Bureau
- San Joaquin County Farm Bureau
- Tulare County Farm Bureau
- California State University, Chico
- Cal Poly Pomona
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Gonzaga University
- Brigham Young University
- University of North Dakota
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- California State University, Bakersfield
- University of Arizona
- Arizona State University
- California State University, Fresno
- Texas A&M University
- University of California, Davis
- University of Idaho
- University of Wyoming
Other participating organizations
- Georgia Utility Contractors Association (GUCA)
- Idaho Future Farmers of America
- Idaho Irrigation Equipment Association
- North American Society for Trenchless Technology (NASTT)
- National FFA Foundation
Where to pick up an application:
Inquire at your educational institution or participating organization for an application.
Where to send your application:
Applications must be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Official transcripts must be provided with each application.
Applications are accepted annually Feb 1 through April 30.
Deadline for Receipt of Applications at Rain for Rent: April 30.